What is the term for an lon that has more protons than electrons?
An ion that has more protons than electrons is called a cation.
- An atom is made up of there fundamental particles.
- The proton is the positively charged particle in an atom
- Electron is negatively charged
- Neutron carry no charges
- In a neutral atom the number of protons and electrons are equal.
- In an ion, an electron has either been lost or gained.
- A cation is a positively charged atom. Here the number of proton is more than that of electrons. In anions, the reverse is the case.
If your question is not fully disclosed, then try using the search on the site and find other answers on the subject Physics.Find another answers
Physics, published 10.03.2023