D Question 11 pts
How much interest will you earn on
a two year $6,000 CD that will pay
annual interest of 5%? The first
year's interest will remain in the CD
and also earn interest during the
$600 (if not compound interest) read below
This question is asking for the amount of interest, not the total including the $6,000 CD, which means the question will be way simpler.
- You try to find interest for 2 years.
- This is mostly mental work. What is 5% of 6000?
- Equation: (5% of 6000)(2)
- $600 in interest.
- This depends. Are we trying to find compounded interest? If we were, we would find 5% of 6000, add it to 6000, then add 5% of that sum.
- (0.05)(6000)+6000=x, x(0.05)=compounded interest
- 300+6000=x, x=6300
- 6300(0.05)+6300=compounded interest
- 315+6300=compounded interest
- 6615=total after compounded interest
- 6615-6000=how much in interest is paid
- $615 in compounded interest.
If your question is not fully disclosed, then try using the search on the site and find other answers on the subject Mathematics.Find another answers
Mathematics, published 11.05.2023
Mathematics, published 23.03.2023